To move the insertion point with the mouse
- Position the I-beam pointer where you want the insertion point
- Click the mouse button
To move the insertion point with the keyboard
Note: To move to another text placeholder, just click into it. You can also move to the next placeholder by pressing Ctrl + Enter.
You need to select text before you do something to it, for example, copy, delete or format it.
Normal text appears like this, .
To select text with the mouse
To select text with the keyboard
- Place the insertion point where you want the selection to begin
- Press and hold down the Shift key
- Press or to move the highlight to the end of the text you want to select
- Release the Shift key
Note: The Automatic Word Selection feature, which automatically selects a word when any letter in the word is selected, does not work with the keyboard technique. See below for information about this feature.
To turn Automatic Word Selection off
The Automatic Word Selection feature automatically selects a whole word when any letter of that word is selected with the mouse. Automatic Word Selection often speeds up editing, because there is no need to position the mouse pointer at the exact beginning and end of the text you want to select. You place the pointer anywhere in the first and last words you want to select.
- From the Tools menu, select Options...
- Click the Edit tab
- In the Text panel, remove the cross from the When selecting, automatically select whole word box
- Click OK
No slide presentation is made perfect on the first attempt, in fact you will probably want to change the text several times before you are satisfied with it.
To delete characters one by one
- Place the insertion point where you want to begin deleting text
- Press the Delete key to remove the character to the right of the insertion point
- Press the Backspace key to remove the character to the left of the insertion point
To delete a selection of characters
- Select the characters you want to remove
- Press Delete or Backspace
Note: You can replace a selection with new text by typing the new text over the selected text.